Introducing the One and Only Personal Fishing Craft…Stik Boats!
Several years ago, the three of us, all avid shallow water fishermen, came together to create a boat that would allow us to fish in the shallowest and most protected waters, where the fish love to hang out. In May of 2016, we launched our first model of the Stik Boat. It floats in 3 inches of water. It is powered by a 17.5 hp, four – stroke jet propulsion engine. It is controlled by a simple joy stick. It is a super stable platform for fishing. It has ample cold storage and dry storage. It is extremely simple to maintain. Easy to transport. And all this provides what we call the “Stik Experience”. We are now ready to get a Stik Boat in your hands and get your feedback on the overall Stik Experience.
Stik Boats have unmatched stability whether you are moving or fishing. It is 12′ long , 40″ wide, weighs 250 lbs, and has a load capacity of 350 lbs.
Moving: Narrow boats offer less resistance in the water but tend to lack side to side stability. The Stik Boat is different. Its streamlined hull carves beautifully through the water offering exceptional handling
- The Length to width relationship was tested for maximum stability
- The gel coated fiberglass, along with the rigid EPS foam filled hull, further accentuates the stability
- The engine is mounted at the low point of the hull centering the mass of the craft and lowering the center of gravity.
But most importantly, when it comes to fishing, from the seat forward, the entire deck is fishable which gives you ample space to maneuver while casting and landing a big one.
The unique 17.5 hp four – stroke jet engine is located directly behind the operator and is easily accessible for maintenance. The engine runs on gasoline and is ethanol compliant. It is electric start with a 3.7 gallon fuel capacity giving you a 35 – 40 mile range. It is quick to reach plane with a maximum top end speed of 27 mph. The cast aluminum impeller is engineered for longevity and the closed cooling system eliminates running salt or dirty water through the system. The coolers easily back flush after use to clean. It has duel over-heating sensors that will shut the engine down if the temperature ever exceeds safe levels. It has an external oil drain and easily accessible oil filter for simple maintenance.
With Stik Boats, you can go fishing where the fish are without taking all day to paddle out to the flats,or be forced to wade through the muck where the stingrays live. .
Stik Boat Features:
- Floats in 3″ of water empty and, depending on load will plane in 4″ – 6″ of water
- Makes launching from shore or at a beach easier because of the shallow draft
- Makes paddling or push-poling easier
- Hull shape allows for a dry ride as displaced water is directed to the sides
- Absorbs moderate chop
- Has a 35 – 40 mile range of travel so those shallow hard to get to fishing spots are now accessible
- Will travel at 27 mph so it won’t take you all day to get where you want to go
- Has an adjustable aluminum ride plate located below the jet nozzle allowing you to customize the bow angle and trim the boat for preferred performance
The boat is a narrow, simple personal fishing craft that is literally driven with a stick! A Joy Stick! Anything that requires the use of a Joy Stick has to be Fun to use. Plus it allowed us to come up with a really cool tagline of Stik It To The Fish!
It is 12′ long , 40″ wide, weighs 250 lbs, and has a load capacity of 350 lbs.
Affordable to purchase and operate. Makes fishing even more fun!
- You drive it with a Joy stick!
- Electric Start ….You start it with the push of a button.
- Comfortable folding cockpit seat with back rest and adjustable foot pegs for driving comfort.
- It has a generous amount of storage: Full center storage area in the floor is foam insulated with a center drain. Fill it with ice for the fish you catch or put drinks in it. Plus there is a dry storage area in the console.
- Six pre-threaded plates that accept existing kayak accessories allowing you to totally customize the boat the way you want it.
- There is an automatic bilge pump with a manual switch plus a maintenance free engine compartment bilge pump.
- Any light duty trailer or heavy duty kayak trailer will carry it. You can even carry it in the back of a pick up!
- Best of all, it floats in 3″ of water depending on load, will plane in 4″ – 6″ of water, and will drift across flats putting you exactly where the fish are.
- Stik Boat is super stable giving you the entire boat surface from the chair forward to fish from.
Stik Boats have a generous amount of storage. There is a full center storage area in the floor that is foam insulated with a center drain. You can fill it with ice for the fish you catch or put drinks in it. Plus there is a dry storage area in the console.
Risks and challenges
We have been working on the Stik Boat design since January 2016. We have created beta boats, tested and used Stik Boats. We have all of our manufacturing elements in place. While we have thought this project through to the last detail and do not expect any issues, we realize there is always the possibility for issues to arise. We are so committed to the “Stik Experience” and sharing that experience with you that we are prepared to address any unforeseen issues that may arise. All we need at this point is your backing so that we can move forward with producing Stik Boat. We value the trust you are placing in us and will honor it with great care.